RACES Take Place Monday 2nd May 2016, 9.30am
Shinfield 10k. Join us for a fun, friendly event for all the family.
”The race was well organised and I really enjoyed my first outing at Shinfield 10K. It had a nice feel to it”
- UKA licensed - results will appear on Power of 10 and RunBritain
- Chip timing, with SMS result sent directly to your mobile phone
- Team competition for UKA-affiliated clubs (first 4 finishers)
- Age group prizes
- Prize for first male and female local finishers (RG2/RG7 postcode)
- £100 prize for runner breaking the course record (currently M: 29.32 / F: 35.09)
- Medal for all finishers under 90 minutes
- Highly rated marshals
- Great PB potential
- Bag storage and plenty of toilets at the start
- May Day fete, mouth-watering cake stall, BBQ
- Free parking (one mile from the start) at Amec Foster Wheeler (RG2 9FW)
- Junior races – bring the whole family!
You can enter by post, online or on the day (subject to availability). Please note the desk for entry on the day closes at 09:00am.
|On the day registration:|
Closing date for advanced entries 27 April 2016
*Online entries subject to a £1.50 admin fee. All profits go to Shinfield Association, local charities and the Reading Roadrunners’ nominated charity.
“the marshals and spectators are very supportive”
In association with
The small print
- Please note, there are no refunds. If you are no longer able to run and wish to transfer your number to another runner, please notify us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date (27 April 2016).
- Race numbers and timing chips will not be mailed out and must be collected from the registration desk in the Parish Hall on the day by 09:00am. Instructions for the day will be emailed to you once you have registered.
- Strictly NO Personal Stereos/MP3 players/iPods or similar devices to be worn whilst running; this will result in disqualification.
- Any queries about online entries should be emailed to email@example.com
- All other queries should be sent to the Race Director, Colin Cottell on firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message on Twitter or Facebook.
Shinfield Junior Races
9:00am Monday 2 May 2016
The Junior Races are an ideal opportunity to get the whole family involved in the Bank Holiday running fun! These races are run over a multi-terrain course and mostly across rough heathland, footpaths and farm tracks. This year we will have three age groups:
- 2.1 km (under 7s) – starting at 11.00am
- 3.6 km (under 10s) – starting at 11.30am
- 3.6 km (under 13s) – starting at 12.00 noon
- 5.9km (under 16s) – starting at 12.00 noon
Entry is £5 per runner in advance or £7 on the day subject to a limit of 300 runners. All junior runners will receive a medal for taking part and there are prizes for the first boy and girl in each race. Junior Race Leaflet
This year for the first time runners for the Junior Races will be able to enter online
Please enter here…
It will also be chip-timed. Runners should pick up their race chips and numbers no later than 30 minutes before the start of their race. Full instructions will be emailed out to runners once they have entered.